Thursday, August 25, 2011

Refreshed in Arrow Rock

I wouldn't say that I've traveled a lot. I mean, I've been to Israel, but most people have has at least one overseas trip (a lot of people have had way more!) Anyway, I've been to quite a few places around the states, from California to Ohio and lots of places in between. But still, when I think about where all I've been, I find that without a doubt, the most peaceful, most relaxing and enjoyable place I have ever been is a tiny, little town in central, Missouri called Arrow Rock. The population is, no joke, a whoppin' 56 people!

Now, about how I can to know and love this place so much: my amazing Grandma Jones somehow found this place and decided to give it a try. We rented out a Bed and Breakfast for all the girls in my family. The town may be tiny but it is so full of historic value that it has become quite a hot spot for tourists. There is one street full of little old fashioned shops, much like I am used to living in Weston. Up on a hill in the center of the town is the Lyceum Theater. Every time I have gone to Arrow Rock we have gone to see a play at this little theater. But don't be fooled by it's size. The acting is as good as I have seen anywhere! At this theater, I have seen Little Women, The Diary of Anne Frank, It's a Wonderful Life, Ten Little Indians, and the latest, Black Coffee!  Though I have enjoyed the plays very much, they are only a small part of why I love this town....the peaceful atmosphere, being with people I love so much, (did I mention Annie and Ashley get to come too?!) sitting on the wraparound porch at the Down Over (that's the B n' B we stay at), sipping coffee and talking with my amazing grandma, aunts, cousins, mother, sisters, and wonderful friends, staying up 'til who knows how late playing games and laughing our heads off,  waking up in the morning to the smell of Larry and Paula cooking our delicious breakfast, more coffee! and leisurely strolling around the town and off into the beautiful woods to take silly pictures with the girls. I am very thankful God has given us this wonderful place to enjoy each other and His beautiful creation! I hope to be going to Arrow Rock for many more years to come!











It just doesn't get any better than Arrow Rock!







No comments:

Post a Comment